Both Brookfield teams won games on Sunday to improve to 2-1 in the Land O' Lakes Western Division.
The Bulldogs whipped Lannon, 16-8, as they erupted for 18 hits at Lannon, led by Jason Rutz, who was 3-for-5 with a homer, a walk and four runs scored. Six other Bulldogs had two hits apiece.
Newcomer Ryan Hinz was 2-for-3 with three RBIs and a stolen base, but left the game in the fifth after tweaking a hamstring. Jason Booth filled in and was 2-for-3 with two doubles and an RBI while Scott Booth was 2-for-5 with two doubles, a walk, a stolen base and two RBIs.
Ernest Castro was 2-for-4 with a homer and two RBI, Jeff Lueck finished 2-for-4 with a walk, an RBI and three runs scored. Mike Jacobs had two hits, including a double, a HBP and an RBI and Kris Franzen had a double, a sacrifice fly and two runs scored.
Greg Basthemer started and got the win for the Bulldogs, pitching six innings. Lemke pitched one inning and Lueck pitched the final two innings.
Brookfield has two games next, playing at Sussex (1-2) at 2 p.m. May 26 and hosting Menomonee Falls (2-1) at 1 p.m. May 27 at McCoy Field.
The Blue Sox broke a 3-3 tie through four innings by scoring two runs in the fifth, one in the seventh and three in the eighth to put the game away.
Manager Jeff Lemmermann doubled, walked twice, scored twice and drove in two runs and Jake Oberbruner singled twice, walked twice, scored a run and drove in two and Jay Wojcinski singled twice, scored a run and drove in a run as Brookfield had nine hits.
John Arnold earned the complete-game win, as he scattered 11 hits, allowed two earned runs and walked two while fanning five.
The Sox play Monches (0-3) at Malone Field at 2 p.m. May 26 and then travel to Carl Kuss Field to face West Bend (4-0) for a 1 p.m. game May 27.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Menomonee Falls defends GMC softball title with 2-0 win over BC
- Spartans' Werking sisters help each other compete
- Brookfield East Sport Shorts: May 14
- Brookfield East boys wins Burling Invite by 78 points
- Brookfield Central netters have unbeaten week
- Brookfield Central Sport Shorts: May 14
- Massart, Thomas two of Central's best athletes ever
- Brookfield Academy wrapups: May 13
- Brookfield Central kickers have 1-1-1 week